Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Favourite Thing to Do

So I'm mad. I wrote a whole long post yesterday about multiple things that I hope to do in the future, full of resplendent images and witty comments. I was using the Blogger app, (because my computer is not yet fixed) and when I pressed "Publish," I had every inclination to believe that it had done so.

It didn't. that's why I'm mad. I was FaceTiming Caitlyn this afternoon, and our blogs came up in conversation as they often do, and I got on mine to check something. You can imagine my audible and violent despair, and also Caitlyn's questioning but unperturbed confusion when I found that it had not published, as I had originally believed.

So I'm sorry. The post has disappeared. And it seems rather useless to try to replicate it and post it a day late.

Which brings me to the reason for this post: Blogging on time, on the exact day on which I am supposed to. Also my favourite thing to do at the moment, (which is probably griping about missing blog posts) but mostly blogging on the right day. Please just give me a minute to bask in this accomplishment.






.............Okay, I'm over it. On to business.
  As I said to Caitlyn, my greatest joy in life since the age of three-almost-four has been reading. Also sciencing. Those two things.
  But, openly being a writer and reader, this would scarcely surprise anyone. So the unpleasant task of finding something I like to do besides reading was very suddenly thrust upon me. I'm still not really sure what I like to do besides reading. I guess it's back to consulting sisters for me!

Me: So Faith, what is my favourite thing to do??
Faith: Read.
Me: No, something else from that!!
Faith: Ummm... Singing music like a maniac!! (with me xP)
Me: True. Very true. *pulls mustache pensively*
Faith:
Me:
Faith:
Me:
Faith: You also quote Tintin! (with me xP)

*disclaimer* I do not have a mustache.

Me: Ahem, Claire. What do I do besides reading??
Claire: Sing Newsies with passion and stalk people.
Me: No no no, you need to pretend that you don't know that I'll be putting your answers on my blog. You need to be innocent as a dove and wise as a serpent.
Claire: *I-have-no-idea-what-she's-talking-about face*
Me: Sooo.....
Claire: You watch Internet videos with your headphones in and you laugh at your screen and when I ask you "what" then you say "nothing" or just ignore me so I stare at your face while you stare at your screen.
Me: Come on. I showed you the Pumpkin Obama video.
Claire: 
Me:
Claire:
Me:
Claire: Does writing count?
Me: No.
Claire: But it's your passion!!! You love it!!!
Me:
Claire:
Me:
Claire: I honestly can't think of anything else.

Those were 10000000% accurate.

Claire: Mhmm. *desperately plays Minion Rush*

So I'm still stuck. The "ask your sister" thing didn't even work. All my effort to bring you an edifying and knowledgeable and entertaining post on schedule has failed. I'm also considering changing my blog to "Conversations With My Sisters, Who Are Pretty Much the Only People Who Talk To Me" Do you think that's too much of a mouthful? The URL might get a little tedious. Comment!!!!


~Margaret

2 comments:

  1. I feel just as mad as you. Just maybe yesterday I learned that a guy in a book that I totally loved was gay. Than I learned my most favorite chicken nuggets had potato flakes in them, so I can't eat them. Otherwise I have a stomach ache and have been+ nauseous all day from the stupid potatoes. And dang it because I LOVE chicken nuggets!

    ReplyDelete