Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

In Which I Debate About What To Blog Then Change the Topic

Me: So, you need to post something today. You're not going to sit back and let this blog rot like the other two.

Me: BUT THERE'S JUST SO MANY DECISIONSSSS!!!!

Me: .....what?

Me: Like, do I put myself on some sort of schedule? Do I only post excerpts of one story so I don't confuse people? Do I find character photos even though I have a hard time confining my characters to only one face? Am I allowed to blog about my life outside of writing? And what if the new Lemony Snicket book just came out and I want to talk about it? WHAT THEN?!?!?!

Me: Okay, let's calm down here! Let's talk about this in a calm manner like the mature adult we are.

Me: WE AREN'T A MATURE ADULT!!!

Me: Oh....... right. Well then why don't we-

Me: WE DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY SORT OF TRAINING IN MARTIAL ARTS THAT WOULD MAKE UP FOR US NOT BEING AN ADULT!!!! WE'RE NOT A NINJA PRODIGY!!!

Me: That's it.

I promise I'm not crazy.



(but seriously guys, help! Myself isn't talking to me anymore! I'm in a horrible state of indecision in which I don't know what to blog!!!)

To be honest, I probably should have thought about this before I started a blog.

'Better late than no blog!'
                       ~Me
You see my problem.

I have, however, decided that I'm going to post the rest of what I've written on Lorelei so far before I begin writing about another story. Because if I were you reading this blog, I'd be confused by that.
But that also brings up several more questions, the most reoccurring being, "what do they want to hear?"
So I'm leaving it up to you. Do you want me to post more excerpts? Should I start writing character outlines? WHAT?! It's up to you. I'm leaving this decision in your lap. The ball's in your court.

By the way, when I cave and send the link to this blog to Caitlyn, whom you will soon grow to know and love because of the sheer amount of times I will talk about her, then I'm hoping to get permission to talk about the story we're writing together.

That's the other thing I missed when I was talking about myself.
I adore my friends. Therefore, many of them will make very prominent appearances in this giant adventure which I call My Life. I like to think of them as their own main characters, rather than my supporting characters. Which starts to become a very deep idea the more you think about it. (doesn't everything though?)
Remember the line of 357 people in which you will have to stand to get a signed copy of my latest book? My friends will be standing right there with me. Because they're cool like that. And also because you'll probably be more excited to meet them than me because of the glorious light I paint them in. (which is an absolutely accurate representation of them, by the way)

BUT ANYWAYS.
I'd love to know what you guys are most excited to hear from me. And those of you who already have awesome blogs, I'd love to hear any tips you may have for me.


~Margaret

8 comments:

  1. I kinda want to hear about your life. Adventures with siblings and friends and Shtuff. Also I would definitely like some character outlines. About anyone, but especially Lorelei. She sounds like an interesting character!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to here more about Vrynn, that mysterious dude no one knows about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! You guys want me to do character outlines!!! I love talking about them so much xD

      Delete
  3. I don't care what you blog. Whatever it is, it'll be awesome--that's for sure. :D Hehe, that little chat you had with yourself up there was quite amusing. xDD
    --MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I would love to hear more about your characters! Keep up the good work!

    Btw, this is Bella Restuccia ;)

    ReplyDelete