Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

In Which I Talk To Myself Again

What to blog, what to blog, what to blog.....
Oh hi there, random reader!!! I'm blogging!!!
Errr, make that "trying to figure out what to blog." But hopefully, if you're very observant, you already knew that.
What I planned to do today was write a character sketch on either the Duke or the Count. But I'm in a serious bind, because I really can't write about them without giving them an actual name. So I plan to spend my day on baby name websites, trying to find the perfect ones.
Which still leaves me with a lack of post-able material. *sobs* I tried so hard....
The questions I usually try to ask myself to get me in a blogging mood didn't work.

Me: How are you feeling today?

Me: I dunno, kinda tired I guess. Even though I slept until 11:00 this morning.

Me: *stern face* Why did you sleep so late?

Me: I was up reading, okay?! It's what normally-weird people dooo!!!! Besides, it was one dinglehopping whizwhacker of a book!! (yes, I sometimes use the term "dinglehopping whizwhacker" in conversations with myself. My spellcheck hates me for it.)

Me: *sighs in a mature, disinterested way* What book?

Me: Oooh!!! It was The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner!! It's the most wonderful thing ever!!! Except for the next one, The Queen of Attolia. I liked that one more. Mainly because Eddis is in it a lot and Eugenides' character develops so much more because of some really life-changing events that completely alter his career but SPOILERS!!!

Me: Owww!!! You just yelled right in my ear!!! I don't even care about you and your weird books and your night-owl habits. *stomps off*


So I'm still in a pickle. Not knowing what to post, if you got lost somewhere within that.
And since my Self got mad and went huffing away, I didn't get to say why I like the books so much. Not that Self would even care that Turner is exactly the kind of writer that I want to be when I grow up. Although I do. I tell people that all the time. I'm committed.

Random person: So Maggie, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Me: MEGANWHALENTURNER!!!!!

Random person: *leaves*

Seriously guys, I feel like nobody appreciates talent anymore. I bet that actors don't even act anymore. They just get their stunt-doubles to do it.

Is this Writer's Block?? You'd think I'd recognize the symptoms by now. Lessee, boredom, aggravation, laziness, lack of inspiration, talking to myself. Check. And double check.
 
Guys I'm not the kind of person who will write a really long blog post about nothing, even though I know it's not worth it's weight in cheap plastic. I want this to be a good, quality, entertaining blog about my life and writing. But I also want to post regularly, and let's just go ahead and say it: I'm not good on a schedule. I either do it well on my own time, or lousy on a deadline. Whoo that rhymed. Maybe I should write poetry. I'm pretty good at haikus.
But I digress. I'm still learning what this blogging thing is all about. I'm still trying to catch up. Eventually I'll have this down and have a decent blog that people can go read to relax and laugh. But I'm not there yet. Wow, this is turning into a mostly-depressing, slightly-motivational post to myself.
Basically, what I'm trying to say (in way too many words) is that you guys who stick with me through the awkward child-turning-tween-turning-adolescent period of this blog are the ones who I'm really writing for. Who cares about the rest of them? You guys are the bomb. And that's why I want to write well, because you guys totally deserve it.
 
 
To all the people who are undertaking the grand project of NaNoWriMo: You win at life. You are my inspiration. You are the air I breathe, you are the wind beneath my wings. Just kidding about that last bit. I don't have wings. And all this time you guys thought I was some sort of fairy!! I'm flattered.
 
Well. This wasn't so depressing after all. I'm going to go find those names, because Writer's Block only exists in your mind.
 
 
 
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment