Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Questions And Finally, A Resolution

Character sketches have come to an end. I've even made a character page. That makes me really proud of myself.
It also means I'm responsible for coming up with a really cool idea of what to do next. And if you don't think that sounds like a nightmare, you may not be intuitive enough to understand the unclear ramblings which I post here with startling regularity.
I considered posting the story as I write it.... For about two seconds only. Guys, I'm not that kind of a writer. I pick and preen at my writing until I think it's absolutely perfect. That alone can take weeks. I feel like it would be unfair to you guys to promise to something I know I can't keep up with.
The other reason I dismissed the idea of some sort of weekly chapter-posting system is because even though I should confine my talents to one story at a time (or mostly one) I tend to be all over the place. Lately I've been writing on that one about Tiana and Lairke and Forge and Thrad. You know, that one. The one I don't have a name for.
I don't need to you point out that I am lacking names for almost every story I'm writing.
You just did, didn't you? *sighs* Well, it...... hampers my creativity. Yeah. I never name them until I finish them. *crosses fingers* (please don't let them bring up that one novel I actually have finished...)

To you it probably sounds like I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do yet. Sorry for being misleading. Again.
I actually do have a fairly good idea. It even has solid reasoning and logic behind it.
The reason I was reticent to put myself on a posting schedule was based on two things:
1. I probably wouldn't post as much (although my posts would be longer)
2. I have never tried that sort of thing and don't know if it'd work
3. I'm scared of failure
See how I slipped that really important one in when you weren't looking? I'm so clever....
But honestly. I started this blog for a reason, to get my writing out there without being afraid of what people think of it, even though it might be really terrible. In fact, I know it will be. Who ever heard of a just-starting-out-budding-new-writer writing the next New York Times Bestseller?
I realize that I am skirting the question you have been asking with increasing intensity over the past twenty seconds. What am I going to do, exactly?
I should warn you, it's not a dinglehopping-whizwhacker of an idea. In fact, it's rather clichéd.
All it is, actually, is a simple and clear resolution to the three things I listed above.
Get to the point, Maggie.
Well, in all of my searching, I came across one solution: Try. And that's what I'm going to do. If I fail, that's okay. I tried. If I succeed, hooray. I accomplished something.

What this means to you practically speaking:
I'm not going to start out posting right away. I am, however, going to put myself on a weekly deadline to have one chapter ready to post, just to see if it's even do-able for me. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have a good idea of if this is going to work or not. Either way, I'll post whatever writing I got out of it.

And I still don't know exactly what I'm going to post in the meanwhile. Drat.



~Margaret

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it! Blogs don't need to be completely routine anyway! Just post whatever you'd like us to see and we'll support you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I appreciate that so much. Thanks, Bella=)

      Delete