Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I Don't Want Adventure

I don't want adventure. I need it. I love my life of figures and equations, where each number fits into its place with no drama or fuss. It is safe. I am content.

But that is not life. Life is mad and uncertain, where hearts are broken and spirits are enthralled by the pure, intoxicating joy of living. Where you are not a figure or a number, and you may never know for certain if you are the solution or the problem. Where you take risks and mostly fail, but get up again because you can't help yourself. Where you are never in control and don't always like the plot-twists. But you learn. You learn to love deeply and wildly, to be angry briefly and to forgive freely. To find joy in the sunrises and shooting stars, and peace in the gentle rhythms of rain. To emote freely and to speak without reservation or fear. To accept that memories will always last, even the painful ones.

A life of adventure isn't easy. But the alternative isn't living at all, merely existing. And I can't promise to always be okay, but I refuse to look back and see that I only lived in the black and white, when I could have been living in the rainbow.



~Margaret

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Oh wow. That was absolutely amazing. It is my dream to one day be able to write like this. *adoring fan over here*

    As Sherlock would say: "But I abhor the dull routine of existence. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well... Gotta love inspiration, I guess xD

      Delete
  2. Wow. Just...wow. That was fantastic. That brilliant. Amazing. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete